This recipe was given to Gustavo by a close friend called Lara and is the best butternut squash soup we have ever tried (and its also very easy!)
- 4 medium size onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 butternut squash (1.5kgl)
- 4 carrots
- 3 tomatoes
- 1.5lt water (could need a little more
- Your favourite condiments could be oregano, parsley, cayenne pepper, rosemary, or nutmeg
- In a large deep pan saute 4 medium sized onions with some olive oil and two cloves of garlic until they are transparent
- Add to this one butternut squash cut into squares (about 1.5kg) and cook for a couple of minutes
- Add 4 cut up carrots and 3 pealed tomatoes
- Add water (enough to cover all the vegetables about 1.5 ltrs) and cover the pan, let the vegetables cook for about 40 minutes.
- Once all the vegetables are cooked blend everything together and add any condiments you like such as oregano, parsley, cayenne pepper, or nutmeg, pepper and salt.
- If you wish you can also put add two or three tablespoons of cream.