Inspired by DeRose Method Greenwich
This week we cover another delicious meatless recipe that represent our nutritional proposal making food a multi-sensory experience that enriches our lives while meeting all the nutritional demands to attain higher performance in all areas of life.
Heat the oil in a large pot or wok and fry the onions for 5-8 minutes on medium-high heat. As soon as this starts to happen, add the pumpkin and carrot and stir-fry for a few minutes (if you have the time, broil the butternut squash instead of stir frying to get that lovely roasted flavor). Stir in the tomato purée, 1/2 the coriander and jalapeño, then add the coconut milk. Stir, then add the peanut butter mix. Cook at a soft simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the pumpkin is tender. Season to taste or add soy sauce as you like. Garnish with coriander leaves, crushed peanut and serve with cooked rice or couscous.
- 3 tbsp unsalted crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- juice of 1 lime
- small handful fresh coriander (otherwise known as cilantro), chopped finely with roots
- 2 jalapeños, halved and partially deseeded (according to your spiciness tolerance)
- 4 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 red onions, diced (may substitute with any onion or shallots)
- 3 medium carrots, roughly diced
- 1 large or 2 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and roughly diced
- 1 400 mL of coconut milk