400g/14oz cherry tomatoes halved
125ml/4fl oz extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
salt and freshly ground black pepper
300g goat’s cheese
300g parmesan, grated
200g baby spinach
2 garlic cloves, crushed
12 12cm x 10cm sheets fresh pasta
Green salad leaves, dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/365F/Gas 4.
- Place the tomatoes into a bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Add the thyme and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the ricotta, goats’ cheese and parmesan into a clean bowl and mix well.
- Add the spinach and garlic and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Lay the pasta sheets onto a clean work surface. Place a line of the cheese and spinach mixture along the longer edge of each pasta sheet, then roll up like a cigar.
- Drizzle the cannelloni rolls with a little of the oil that the tomatoes have been sitting in, then pour the remaining oil into the bottom of an ovenproof dish that will hold all 12 cannelloni.
- Place the cannelloni tubes into the dish and place the tomatoes evenly over the top.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- To serve, place three cannelloni onto each of four plates. Sprinkle with parmesan shavings and place a spoonful of dressed mixed green salad leaves alongside.