Today I would like to talk about something that our society does not pay much attention, but it is of incredible fundamental importance for us all.
This is the process of excretion.
I know this may seem crazy, but some days ago i was talking to a friend of mine who complained of abdominal pain. When I asked her what was going on, she was a little shy and uncomfortable to admit that she had not been to the toilet in the last three days. Three days? Unbelievable, not even an alarm had sounded that maybe something was wrong with her. It is scary to know that in our society, especially nowadays, this is something common. Many people with whom I have talked to end up telling me that they have some form of problem in this area. Many people are not aware that accumulating this process may generate serious disturbances in the digestive system and unfortunately, if it carries on, cancer.
It's important that we pay attention to this small factor, reeducating our of digestive system, without paranoia, nor radicalism. Taking small steps we can maintain ourselves healthy.
And so I would like to share with you some small tips which are nothing new, but which may be able to help you:
1. Drink water, keep your body hydrated, it works better this way. Your faeces will transit more easily through your intestines this way.
2. Eat fruit, leaf vegetables, legumes, other vegetables in this order, when possible (and always with their peel).
3. Try to avoid in the maximum way possible meats of any kind, cheeses, and flour.
4. Eat many fruits as you can, when possible with their peel, they are the perfect nutritional food. The more variety of colours the better. If you intestines become blocked, or after a weekend in which you've had a bit too much, and on Monday your intestines may be a little slower, use natural laxatives, such as drinking water eating dried prunes or any other natural laxative you are familiar with.
5. Walk, do exercises, move your body. Do not use chemical laxatives they will only make interesting lazy and will stimulate them to work less well. They may also kill your intestinal flora. I am not familiar with anybody proof of the effects of probiotic yoghurts, but many of my friends say that when they have eaten them, the functioning of their intestines improves.
So here are a few tips. Please remember, when in doubt always consult your doctor. Moreover, do not become radical, don't go into crazy diets, nor anything that a friend may have read on the Internet. There are no miracle cures. The best for your body is a well balanced diet, varied and rich in colours, full of life!f
See you next week.
If you think it's fame and money, you're not alone – but, according to psychiatrist Robert Waldinger, you're mistaken. As the director of a 75-year-old study on adult development, Waldinger has unprecedented access to data on true happiness and satisfaction.
In this talk, he shares three important lessons learned from the study as well as some practical, old-as-the-hills wisdom on how to build a fulfilling, long life.
What it is more important? To be flexible or strong and muscular, like RoboCop?
Imagine a person who has difficulty moving, imprisoned by poor mobility tying up their shoes… How agonising! To even get out of bed or pick up a toothbrush that fell to the bathroom floor would be an immense effort…
It turns out that at this very moment, as you read this article, we age slowly.
Our body will "solidify" the joints, muscles and tendons, giving us less and less flexibility, until we reach the point when we need assisted help to tie our shoes, get out of bed and pick something up that just fell on the floor.
Lack of flexibility is not a natural thing, and sedimentation, which is slow and gradual, is due to lack of care and maintenance to the body, and this is how we live.
Everyone knows that when you buy a car, you need to do periodical maintenance. It is written in the user manual, the seller will tell you and the lights in the car will warn you to go and do it. Done, the car is like new!
Now just imagine you buy the car and never change the oil, instead of gasoline you put alcohol, salt, saturated fats, limitless amounts of sugars, you never change the tires or add air filters, oil, brake fluid, bearings ...
Instead of lasting 200,000 miles or more, the car would last 20,000 and would be completely ruined by the end.
Now, imagine ourselves, eating a considerable amount of unnecessary things, seldom observing our frugality, we may properly exercise at the gym, pushing ourselves to the maximum, working without rest, always breathing as someone who is ill (using only the upper part of the lungs) ... On Sundays excessively drinking more and more beer and wine and still holding onto an illusion of advancing towards old age in good health together with our children and grandchildren. Isn’t a little bit of illusion not the same?
Stretching is one of the most powerful and enjoyable ways to keep us flexible and healthy. In just one session we can produce energy in our body, create mild detoxification, increase flexibility in major joints and create a state of weightlessness and strength. Yes, you read that correct, strength within the body and almost no other technique can do it.
Army of Robocops
And it is with some sadness that I see men and women with strong and well-sculpted bodies, in pairs, coming out of gyms and fitness centres, as if on a production line.
Why is it we hold a false idea that swollen muscles defined by weightlifting is healthy?
For me and many other professionals in our area, a strong and flexible body is healthy and does not need to be enlarged for this purpose. It can be well defined and yet flexible. Who says a simple increase in muscle size means he is healthy?
There is a need for he who does, to know what he does, having been trained for this and not just someone who titles himself " a stretching instructor."
Unfortunately, errors in the exercises instead of promoting health produce problems in the joints, muscles, spine and later on to the brain by seriously affecting the sense of balance. If this is not stopped and corrected it could put the person in serious bad health and discomfort.
Validate benefits and you weaken something that has more to offer than just immediate results.
We do not like to validate benefits, but as this word is almost a disease in modern times, let it ...
If you do things the right way you will:
- Increase energy in the body.
- It will not eliminate stress, but will destroy it completely, because it will prevent it from returning.
- By avoiding stress, you will eliminate a series of pains and diseases such as some ulcers.
- Increase your body awareness.
- Create a permanent state of health in the body.
- You will feel lighter during your day to day.
- Increased body awareness will help you avoid some bruising, tensions and among others torticollis.
- Muscles prevent the consumption of energy that could be used at the end of the day on family activities, for yourself, your hobbies etc ...
- Relieve most back pain, shoulder, neck, arm and other tendinitis
Article by John Chisenhall
Your health, vitality and longevity are all directly linked to the hygiene of your vital organs. It has been well understood for thousands of years that it's simply not enough to clean the visible external layers of the body if we neglect to regularly clean the non-visible internal layers. It would be equivalent to sweeping the dirt underneath the carpet. Only that the carpet, in this case, is your body!
Thankfully, our bodies have developed the phenomenal capacity to clean themselves with emunctory organs (skin, lungs, liver, kidneys, bowels) and vital systems (like the cardiovascular system). The normal function of these organs and systems can be interrupted by bad habits, including poor nutritional choices, consumption of alcohol, tobacco, meats, drugs (illegal and legal), poor stress management, or a sedentary lifestyle.
Needless to say, all of these bad habits are quite common in much of society today and, more often than not, people adopt a prescription over prevention approach to resolve the health problems that arise when these basic functions of the vital organs begin to break down. A clean body, free of toxins, helps to maintain a strong immune system and defend against disease and cancerous processes.
In this first part of our blog series Personal Hygiene: the practice of hygiene, cleansing and purification, we are going to introduce two very important techniques that can be done anywhere and will help maintain excellent health of the intestines and other abdominal organs.
Abdominal vacuum: There are two variants of execution, static and dynamic. This technique is done during a retention without air in the lungs, relaxing the superficial abdominal musculature and intensely retracting the abdominal wall in-and-up with the transverse abdominis until the outline of the ribcage is evident.
Abdominal vacuum with circular massage: This technique is considered to be advanced, demanding a high-domain of muscle control. This technique is done during a retention without air in the lungs, first relaxing the superficial and deep abdominal musculature and applying an isolated activation of the rectus abdominis, creating a circular movement massaging the intestines and abdominal organs.
To learn these techniques correctly contact us to schedule an interview with one of our Certified Teachers at an Accredited DeROSE Method Entity.
Stress in itself is not a bad thing. Without it, human beings would be vulnerable and would not be able to fight, work, or survive. However, the bad about this , is when stress levels become excessive and we lose control over it. The DeRose Method teaches various techniques to help maintain and control healthy stress levels without making severe changes to your everyday lifestyle.
Stress is the psycho-organic state produced by the gap between your potential and the challenges that you need to be face to achieve this. To manage it, you do not have to limit yourself to relaxation. Rather you need to increase your energy to empower your potential, and face the daily challenges. Without this stimulus, the human being would be vulnerable and could not fight, work or create with the necessary aggressiveness. Bad is the excess stress or lack of control over it. Between a psychophysical alert or another, the person would be able to redo this state of extreme organic and mental tension. Therefore, it would be necessary that there was less stress state or else specific techniques to minimize the generalized fatigue resulting therefrom.
Our techniques are really powerful to reduce stress to healthy levels, to minimize general fatigue, and to eliminate the chain reaction of secondary effects such as: heart attacks, high blood pressure, migraines, insomnia and depression.
Article based on an original text by Prof DeRose
One of these techniques is Breathing Re-education
With this simple technique you can learn to effectively regulate your breathing patterns. The abdomen is the first part of the body that we tense when we are stressed.
Take deep breaths expanding your abdomen each time you inhale and retracting when you exhale (make sure you are moving your abdomen).
Breath in for 4 seconds, holding your breath with your lungs full for 4 seconds, exhaling in 4 seconds and holding without breath for 4 seconds.
In one year's time you will wish you had have started today!
Book now your first class with us! Complete the form below with your details and an instructor will contact you to arrange your introductory class, asap.
[contact-form subject="Class request from Blog " to="email@example.com"] [contact-field label="Name" type="name" required="true" /] [contact-field label="Email" type="email" required="true" /] [contact-field label="Number" type="text" required="true" /] [contact-field label="I would like to be contacted:" type="select" options="By phone between 10am-12pm,By phone between 12pm-6pm,By phone between 6pm-8pm,By SMS,By email" /] [/contact-form]
Adaptation from the text by DeRose
All the suggestions that follow should be properly seasoned with oregano, cumin, coriander, nutmeg, thyme, ginger, cardamom, saffron, curry, paprika, bay leaves, parsley, cloves, cinnamon, basil, marjoram, masala, Kummel, or peppers, and of course with onion and garlic.Try using virgin olive oil instead of butter. Add the olive oil (or oil) preferably after you have taken the food from the stove/heat. Or, if you cannot, leave it the least possible time in the fire. Avoid using too much salt, pepper and vinegar.
Soups, and baked soufflés: of peas, hearts of palm, butternut squash, asparagus, vegetables in general, onion, cauliflower, corn, mushrooms, cheese, beets, lentils with cubes of potato, etc..
Vegetables, Breaded, Doré, Au Gratin, barbecue, saute, roasted: Cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, aubergine, asparagus with pecans and parmesan, zucchini, baked potatoes, all the vegetables can be done separately or in combinations for example mixing potatoes with onions or mushrooms and asparagus, or roasted tomato and feta parcels there are limitless combinations.
Quiche: Any combination. Could be, egg, cheese, spinach and mushroom, or eggs, onion, olives, peppers, tomatoes, parsley, or with asparagus, or olives and potatoes or eggs only with onion, grated carrot and parsley. The combinations here too are endless. Just choose your favourite vegetables, you can also play with different types of cheeses.
Beans: chickpeas, yellow split peas, lima beans, brown lentils, green split peas, green lentils, adzuki, anasazi, black beans, black eyed peas, cannellini beans, corona bean, cranberry bean, fava, flageolet beans, mung beans, navy beans, pink beans, red beans. Soy No! Why limit yourself to soy when there are so many amazing types of beans?
Rice (white or brown, basmati, risotto, long grain, glutinous) with beans, carrots, olives, raisins, cheese, eggs, corn, mushrooms, tomato sauce and mixed vegetables. Baked rice as a side to a Portobello mushroom stroganoff for example. And then there are the risottos ... and this is another dish where you have an endless amount of options!
Pasta with all types of vegetables! A good base to start with to make all pastas delicious is oil, garlic and some chilli in a pan. Add any vegetable to these ingredients and it will make a delicious plate. You can add zucchini, aubergine, mushrooms, tomatoes, asparagus, artichoke hearts or any combination of vegetables. You can also make tomatoe sauces or a carbonara without the bacon but with egg and Parmesan. With pastas you can never get bored, you can even make oven baked pastas like cannelloni with cherry tomatoes and goat cheese, lasagnes or salads!
Fried: Rice filled with Mozzarella (suppli), tempura vegetables: baby corn, cauliflower, red peppers, carrot, potato, and a host of vegetables, cereals, roots, etc. Fried food in moderation is fine.Meat-free Kebab: pitta bread with with mozzarella, pumpkin, spinach, Portobello mushrooms, peppers, beans, hummus, onion any mix you wish to experiment with.
Omelets: We don’t eat lots of egg but it is a good option when you have nothing else at home. They are very easy to make and are good with all types of vegetables, from potatoes to onions (Spanish Tortilla) to tomatoes, cheese, alone or with olives, peppers, parsley.Pizzas: Whatever you put on top of the pizza dough will usually be good so you can let your imagination go wild here!
Sandwiches: Toasted ciabata (unbeatable), baguette, croissant, brioche, focaccia, Arabic bread, Italian bread filled with another list of endless ingredients such as egg, olives, lettuce and tomato, tomato and cheese; onions with sour cream, cooked carrots with tahini, humus with cherry tomatoes, corn with cheese and mayonnaise, etc. One of our favourite in london, the grilled portobello sandwich.
Various salads: NO! SALAD NO! My concern here is that the true non-carnivores, the true and ancient non-meat eaters did not eat salad dishes. They ate elaborate dishes cooked in the oven and stoves following the tradition of the oldest and most authentic non-carnivorous cuisine, the Indian, which DOES NOT have salads! When they do, it is exclusively in special menus for western tourists. This is the only place I have seen salads in India, after 24 years of travelling in the country and spending time in the capital, the interior cities, villages, mountains, luxury hotels, tourists bungalows and monasteries, I have only seen these in very few menus.
“We call poison that which kills us quickly; and food that which kills us in the long term.”
Author: Professor DeRose
• Do not mix salt with sugar in the same meal. So, no desserts.
• Preferably, do not use salt or sugar. Try to reduce those two impostors. The drastic reduction of salt helps greatly increased flexibility in the asanas. Salt also makes you less sensitive, cutting the subtle perceptions.
• Do not combine citric fruits with sweet fruits.
• Do not take liquids with meals. Only half an hour before or half an hour later. (When Guarani Indians of Argentina as invited to dinner they often respond: "Thank you. I have already drunk.") Far from meals, drinking plenty of mineral water.
• Change brands of mineral water every so often.
• Use bottled water or filtered water even for making tea and cooking.
• Do not throw out leftover water from cooking vegetables. This water is rich in minerals and can be used to cook something else, such as the rice. Besides the nutritional benefits, the other dish will have more flavour.
• Restrict the use of mayonnaise, eggs, cream, butter, and animal fats and other fats that are in a solid state at room temperature.
• Remember that in some recipes, cream may be substituted for yoghurt; other, for sesame paste (tahini).
• Reduce the dairy to a minimum.
• Butter, almost always, may be substituted for olive oil extra-virgin.
• The state of your plate after you have finished eating can indicate the degree of cleanliness or dirtiness of the food you placed in your body. If the dish is very clean, that you almost do not need to wash it, your body will be clean as well. If you need your dish detergent and hot water to get the food off, imagine the state of your internal organs after digesting it.
• Adopt spices, as well as enhancing the flavours they aids digestion, help process fats, benefit the liver, gallbladder, intestines, give vitality, increase sexual energy and invigorate the entire body. These spices include: ginger, clove, cinnamon, oregano, cumin, thyme, turmeric, coriander, curry, nutmeg, cardamom, marjoram, basil, parsley and chives, garlic or onion and some forty more varieties that are relatively easily in supermarkets .
• Eat fibre, whole grains, brewer's yeast, ginseng, garlic. Be careful not to salute your friends with the garlic breath though. A very good thing to do once in a while is to swallow capsules of garlic oil or a whole garlic clove before going to bed. This way by the morning you will have processed and eliminated a good part of the friend - scaring – smell, make sure to brush your teeth, shower, eat something to ensure you leave the garlic smell at home.
• Eliminate immediately all aluminium cookware. Adopt cookware made of glass, iron, steel, agate, clay, stone, etc.. Avoid non-stick films: there is a serious suspicion that are carcinogenic.
• Watch, smell, and truly taste your food during each meal. Do not ingest while reading or distracting yourself with something else. You will notice that eating will be more pleasurable and you will eat less as you will feel content with less quantities.
Author: Gustavo Cardoso
I have watched with some awe a multitude of my friend's parents getting sick. All falling victims to the same disease: cancer.It seems that by the time people reach their 60's they are doomed to get this dreaded disease. What I find strange is that we do not pay enough attention to the importance of our daily habits, and the effects they will have on our future. In my view there is something very wrong with our habits, specifically when it comes to our diets and lifestyles.
It is very important for us to re-think these aspects of our life, because at the end of the day we are what we eat and we live how we work (today well over one third of our lives are spent immersed working). You will probably agree with me that today we see an alarming amount of obese people in the street and every day we hear about friends or family getting various types of
This is not a coincidence, and this is what I wish to draw your attention to. This is a results of the way we live our lives. I do not have anything against the occasional culinary orgy, but no digestive system can withstand this on a daily basis. Our society has never before eaten so many chemicals, preservatives, colourants, accelerators of growth hormones and antibiotics by indirect means as we do today. Humans have never drank so many fizzy drinks and eaten as many animal products as today.
I recommend you visit the WHO website, Not Milk, and watch Earthlings. I must warn that this movie is very strong and you will have to have a strong stomach to watch it. I have no doubt that the formula leading many of the common diseases we see today is very much like this: Too much food + sugar + salt + stress + lack of physical activity and the leader of the villains, meat and alcohol If you think you do not consume more salt and sugar that that which is recommended please take a look at what the
recommends in terms of consumption of salt and sugar, and then look for packages of bread, cereal, yoghurt, among others amount of these you've been eating lately. Alcohol and meat however have not gotten as much media as salt and sugar lately, although they are two villains which are far more harmful to our health.
Today I would like to encourage you to reflect on your own diet and lifestyle and on where these may be taking you in the near future.